What is Equine Sports Massage?
Your horse, whether a family pony, a weekend hacker or top flight competition horse will benefit from regular equine sports massage.
Equine sports massage can:
- Increase range of motion, reducing the likelihood of injury
- Encourage better lymphatic drainage, improving the stamina of your horse or pony
- Shorten recovery time after exercise by reducing lactic acid build up
- Provide rehabilitation to muscle injuries, restoring muscle function and speeding up recovery
- Enhance gait quality, improving the performance of your horse, especially for dressage and show jumping competitions
I had my first riding lesson at the age of 5 and was hooked. I continued to have weekly lessons and started to help at my local riding school, where I learnt how to care and look after horses of all ages, shapes and sizes.
Instead of A levels, I took a Diploma in Horse Management at Merrist Wood College, which I passed with distinction. Since then I have worked in a number of different livery yards whilst studying to become a qualified Equine Massage Therapist, which I now am!
I have two horses, Lord who is 20 and loves galloping across open fields and Denzil, who is 10 and has turned from a bit of a teenage sass into a pleasure to ride. I regularly compete in local events with both Lord and Denzil, sometimes coming home with a rosette.
Having two horses with different ages has given me the perfect opportunity to practice equine sports massage and see the benefits on a daily basis.
I routinely cover Surrey, West Sussex and East Hampshire, please contact me for other areas.
Initial assessment (extensive static and dynamic assessment and massage session with written report, approx 2 hrs) £80
Follow-up 60 minute massage session £55
Follow-up 60 minute massage session for four or more horses at the same yard on the same day £50 per horse
Please contact me for block bookings prices.